How It Works: Series 1 Artists' Paper Series
When designing the Series 1 Artists' Paper Stretcher we placed an emphasis on simplicity with the aim of taking the traditional complexity out of keeping paper flat.
We believe art should be simple. That's why, from preparation right through to finished article, it takes only four steps to achieve flawlessly flat paper as shown below.
Detailed instructions are enclosed with all our Artists' Paper Stretchers, however, keep scrolling down to get a sense of how simple the series 1 are to use with our four step guide. Scroll further down the page and check out how easy we've made it.
STEP 1 | WET
- Wet the paper all over and leave to become matt wet.
STEP 2 | STRETCH
- Prepare the stretcher by opening the edges and readying the clips to one side.
- Load the paper squarely onto the stretcher.
- Begin closing the edges onto the surface of the paper and apply the clips exactly as described in the supplied instruction sheet.
- Once the clips have been properly applied and positioned as indicated in the instruction sheet you're ready to paint!
STEP 3 | PAINT
- Paint whatever you like. Use as much water as you want, when you want.
STEP 4 | DRY
- Once you're finished painting, the work is left in the stretcher until completely dry. Once dry, the clips can be taken off, the edging strips opened and the paper taken out.
- TIP: A hairdryer may be used to carefully speed up the drying process.
- Flawlessly flat paper ready to be mounted without creased and or damaged paper at the margins.